chevy forums   mercury forums

Go Back   Mercury Forums > Mercury Vehicles Most Recently In Production > Mercury Mountaineer Forum

Notices

Mercury Mountaineer Forum Forum discussions regarding the Mercury Mountaineer

Mercury Forum: Gauges going crazy!!

Old 07-06-2017, 02:10 PM

Default Gauges going crazy!!

I have an 05 mountaineer. Yesterday my wife gets half way to work and the gauges, radio and windows stop working but go back on a few seconds later.This happened a few times throughout her drive to/from work. So when she got home I checked all fuses(none blown) checked my battery terminals and they were fine.Took it for a quick drive last night, all seemed fine. She goes to work this morning and its happening again except this time when the gauges come back on she has indicator lights on as well. First time it was red battery light, then it was the wrench(power train)and now it's the check engine soon light as well. She says the car runs fine otherwise. Anyone have a clue as to what else I should be checking? Could it possibly be the alternator? Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:24 PM

*** UPDATE*** wife got home and parked the car and tried to recreate problem to show me what was happening. She noticed every time the gauges went off it was when she was accelerating. She revved up the car(barely) and there was a crackle sound and door locks locked and unlocked and car shut off.Now gauges are stuck where they were(as if key is in the run position) and I have absolutely no power to the car. I am at a loss right now. No idea what the heck happened. Checked fuses again and fuse 13 was blown. Tried replacing it 4 times but each time it arcs and blows before I can get it in!
Old 05-28-2018, 11:14 AM

Did you ever find the cause for this? My wifes 2007 is doing this and I am assuming it is the loose key in the ignition switch.