chevy forums   mercury forums

Go Back   Mercury Forums > Mercury Vehicles No Longer In Production > Mercury Forums - Vehicles No Longer In Production

Mercury Forums - Vehicles No Longer In Production In this forum, we have discussions about the Monterey, Capri, Comet, Cougar, Mystique, Sable, Tracer, Villager, Marauder, Bobcat and Cyclone

Mercury Forum: 1956 mercury montclair

Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Default 1956 mercury montclair

Hi, I have a 1956 Mercury Montclair sitting in my garage. I bought a house and it came with the house. It got hit back in the 60's and the owner found a front side panel and everything but never repaired it. So it has just been sitting. With original 30,000 miles on it. It's definitely a full restoration but everything is still around. I dug the fender out of the fallen down shed. One bad thing I think the radiator was scrapped a few years ago. not by me mind you. I have things around like engine blocks that i wont touch until i find out they dont belong to this car.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:56 PM

I am working on a 1956 mercury Montclair for my 14 year old son who is a 1950s Chrome junkey .... someone has started to make a low rider out of it but that's not the direction we wish to go...we are looking for a hood ...(ours has been louvered .... very nicely with a good amount of skill...for sale if we can find a untouched regular hood)and I want to update the brakes and steering, and suspension for a safer more user friendly daily driver. The crown Victoria. K member may work I'm not sure on the width yet ... may be too wide . I'm thinking of buying a complete car for steering/suspension/brakes etc any ideas out there for a good route to take to get us to a relatively safe reliable daily driver ... seat belts are a must as well ...
Thanks for any help you might offer .... I'm new at the forum thing so please be patient
Ps someone has put a 1968 390 in in it ... it runs very well, probably a keeper....