chevy forums   mercury forums

Go Back   Mercury Forums > Mercury Vehicles Most Recently In Production > Mercury Grand Marquis Forum

Mercury Grand Marquis Forum Forum discussions regarding the Mercury Grand Marquis

Mercury Forum: Tires, Shocks and Alignment

Old 11-16-2017, 06:30 PM

Default Tires, Shocks and Alignment

I have a 2009 Grand Marquis LS with 84,000 miles on it. I recently replaced tires and shocks and man, what a difference. I did research and ended up with Yokohama BSW tires (Yes, I am over the fact that no one makes a WSW for this car) as well as KYB struts with springs for the front and KYB shocks on the back, both gas filled. I also had the shock installer do a four wheel alignment and the ended up replacing two anti-roll bar bushings as well while they were in there.

It is truly amazing the difference. The car has never ridden so well, quiet and smooth as silk. The Michelin LX4 Energy tires were really not a great tire for this car, even though it was white wall.

The shocks are amazing as well. I would recommend replacing the front strut with the KYB spring as an assembly because this also restores the correct ride height on the front.

If you do this, you will be amazed at what a great car you bought. These cars are made to be maintained and a little maintenance goes a long way. At 20 miles per gallon (combined) and no Blinky touch screen on the dash to distract, I am thrilled I bought this car new in the fall of 2008 when they were giving them away. Probably the best automotive investment I ever made. I plan to run the wheels off this one, and at the rate I am going it might be 2050 before it gives up the ghost. Happy travels in your Panther Chassis Vehicles!

Tags
tires shocks alignment