chevy forums   mercury forums

Go Back   Mercury Forums > Mercury Vehicles Most Recently In Production > Mercury Grand Marquis Forum

Mercury Grand Marquis Forum Forum discussions regarding the Mercury Grand Marquis

Mercury Forum: How do I change the keyless entry code on my car door of a Mercury Grand Marquis?

Old 11-26-2008, 01:59 PM

Default How do I change the keyless entry code on my car door of a Mercury Grand Marquis?

I don't have the manual and this little neighbor boy figured out the code and now the whole block knows it!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM

Generally speaking the keyless entry code has to be reset at the dealer. It is a relatively cheap fix and there may even be a shop in town that can do it, and keep that little boy away from your car
Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM

Accordingly to owners manual, there is the possibility to have 2 codes in the system at any given moment. one is factory, which can not be changed and the other is user.
If the boy find out the factory, no way to change it.
If he find out user, just change it.