chevy forums   mercury forums

Go Back   Mercury Forums > Mercury Vehicles Most Recently In Production > Mercury Sable / Montego Forum

Mercury Sable / Montego Forum Forum discussions regarding the Mercury Sable and Montego

Mercury Forum: Value of 1970 Mercury Montego?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM

Default Value of 1970 Mercury Montego?

What is the value of a 1970 Mercury Montego 4 door? It has a 351 Windsor 2 barrel V8, automatic transmission, A/C, power steering/brakes, it has a KN filter and it runs/drives great, the exterior/interior is in good shape with little tears in the interior and little rust/damage on the exterior.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM

One very rare car you have there.

The Montego was the mid-sized car along with its brother the Mercury Cyclone Spoiler. You mention its 4Dr, the rare ones are the 2 Dr hardtops. Really too bad it's not a Cyclone which is what won many races for the Woods Brothers good old #21 in the early 70's.

The cousin to the Montego and Cyclone in those years is the FORD Torino, which came in a 2Dr or 4Dr, the Torino GT is the same basic car as the Cyclone. They actually were in competition with the Chevelles and LeMans.

I sent you the link to Dearborn Classics that has parts for that car, not many but some. Also check EBAY for pricing, but its a 4 Dr so not worth too much, sorry to say, but it is rare. Do it justice and find it a good home, its been around a long time. I would guess you are looking at around $2,500.00 maybe a little more I hope.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM

Not much. It isn't a desirable collector car. Classic 4 door cars usually don't bring much. If you live in the northern US, I assume you do (because it has rust) it will bring a little more than it would here in Texas. You would get the most for it if someone was looking for a parts car for a 2 door Mercury Cyclone. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM

It's really difficult with a classic car to put a value on it, because it is all a matter of what somebody is willing to pay for it. But you can try this website to get a basic idea: www.nadaguides.com